Welcome to Acker Night
Sponsored by the J.S. Acker Music Park Association
Friday December 13, 2013
Acker on the Plaza: August 17, 2013
The Mission of The Acker Music Park Association:
- Promotion of musical culture in the community
- Increase funding for local youth performing arts programs
- Highlight local downtown businesses
- To fulfill the wishes of benefactor James S. Acker. "All the residue of my estate...I give to the City of Prescott to be used for parks and for promotion of music, particularly for children" J.S. Acker 1865-1955
What is Acker Night?
- It is over 100 Prescott, Arizona downtown businesses featuring a variety of musicians performing in their place of business around the Courthouse Plaza.
- This annual event traditionally happens on the first Friday evening after the Courthouse Tree Lighting. This year it will be December 7, 2012.
- Acker Night has become a highlight of the holiday season and is one of Prescott Arizona's favorite hometown events.